The RSGB plays a significant and important role in representing radio amateurs; frequency spectrum, IARU, EMC, is the only Exam body for gaining your amateur licence.
It represents amateurs with the governing body OFCOM
To become a member: http://www.rsgb.org.uk
As a member you will gain access to a wealth of resources as well as RADCOM, a monthly publication for radio amateurs.
- Archibold ‘Arch’ Doty Jr, W7ACD, 27 February 2021 19th April 2021Archibald Colville Doty Jr, W7ACD, passed away on the 27th of February 2021. Born to Margaret (Bunker) and Archibald Doty Sr on 28 March 1920, Arch grew up on Delavan Terrace in Yonkers, New York. He graduated high school from The Loomis Institute. In the autumn of 1939, Arch brought radio to Wesleyan University in […]RadCom Technical Editor
- Glen Hamilton, M0MHG 18th April 2021I was interested in radio when I was young and was fascinated by scanners and listening to the airwaves. I would sit and listen with my Dad in the evenings. I joined the army when I was 21 and even though I was a tank driver and then a dog handler for two tours of Afghanistan, […]Communications Manager
- GB2RS News Script for 18 April 2021 16th April 2021Tap or click the link below to download this week’s GB2RS news script GB2RS News Script for 18 April 2021 (13-page/217KB Microsoft Word document) Problems downloading the GB2RS news script? Try this alternative link.rsgb
- Vote now in RSGB elections 16th April 2021Voting in the RSGB elections closes at 09.00 on Thursday, 22 April. Don’t miss your opportunity to decide who you would like to represent you as RSGB President and on the RSGB Board of Directors. You can find voting guidance and read statements from all the candidates on the RSGB website. RSGB Members can submit […]GB2RS News Team
- New 122GHz DX record 16th April 2021UK amateurs continue to create new DX records on the 122GHz millimetre-wave band. On the 7th of April, using barely one milliwatt, a new all-time UK record was set. The contact was between Roger, G8CUB and Chris, G0FDZ, from Danbury Hill in Essex to the Isle of Sheppey, a distance of nearly 36km. This is […]GB2RS News Team