The RSGB plays a significant and important role in representing radio amateurs; frequency spectrum, IARU, EMC, is the only Exam body for gaining your amateur licence.
It represents amateurs with the governing body OFCOM
To become a member: http://www.rsgb.org.uk
As a member you will gain access to a wealth of resources as well as RADCOM, a monthly publication for radio amateurs.
- Keeping the spectrum clean 19th July 2019The radio communications consultancy LS telcom held its 24th annual spectrum summit on 3 July 2019 and invited the IARU to participate in a panel session, Keeping the Spectrum Clean. The IARU was represented by Barry Lewis, G4SJH, who is the RSGB Microwave Manager. He summarised the impact of the increase in man-made noise observed […]rsgb
- G5RP Trophy nominations sought 19th July 2019The G5RP Trophy is an annual award to encourage newcomers to HF DXing. The award is not limited to youngsters or the newly-licensed; it is open to any one who has recently discovered and made significant progress in HF DXing. If you are an established HF DXer and want to recommend some one to be […]rsgb
- Ian White, GM3SEK to speak at the RSGB Convention 19th July 2019The RSGB 2019 Convention takes place in Milton Keynes from 11 to 13 October 2019. Ian White, GM3SEK will present Clean Up Your Shack—Revisited. This is sure to be a popular talk, as there have been around 7,000 views on the RSGB YouTube channel of Ian’s 2015 talk. To book weekend packages or day tickets […]rsgb
- Also in GB2RS this week… 19th July 2019With the summer holidays looming, where can you take youngsters that’s fun, educational and free? Bletchley Park, the former top-secret home of Britain’s codebreakers, is now a vibrant museum and has a packed calendar of interactive exhibitions and events that tell the story of this historic site. Engineering challenges, codebreaking games and immersive displays are […]rsgb
- GB2RS News Script for 21 July 2019 19th July 2019Tap or click the link below to download this week’s GB2RS news script GB2RS News Script for 21 July 2019 (10-page/160KB Microsoft Word document)rsgb