The RSGB plays a significant and important role in representing radio amateurs; frequency spectrum, IARU, EMC, is the only Exam body for gaining your amateur licence.
It represents amateurs with the governing body OFCOM
To become a member: http://www.rsgb.org.uk
As a member you will gain access to a wealth of resources as well as RADCOM, a monthly publication for radio amateurs.
- Graham Parry, G7OSR, 29 August 2018 19th September 2018Graham was involved in amateur radio most of his life, enhanced by his time in the RAF, passing his Radio Amateur Exam in the early seventies and obtaining his call sign G7OSR. Graham was a long standing member of the Milton Keynes Amateur Radio Club, serving in many capacities and helping with events. He was […]RSGB General Manager
- Vic Flowers, G8QM, 15 March 2018 19th September 2018Victor (Vic) Flowers 10/2/1919 – 15/3/2018 (99) Victor (‘Vic’) Flowers, G8QM, joined the RSGB on the 25th September 1935 and the family still has the original certificate he was issued with. He spoke often of his time as an “Early Bird” (see later) but he also saw service in Singapore, India and England; North Creake […]radcomtecheditor
- Derek Buckley, G7ORT, 13 September 2018 19th September 2018It is with great sadness I have to advise the death of our long standing committee member Derek Buckley, G70RT, on 13 September 2018. Derek held many posts with the society over the years and will be remembered for his interest in astronomy, his talks and slide shows. Tribute by Norman Gutteridge, G8BHE Hon Secretary, Midland Amateur Radio Societyradcomtecheditor
- Harry Coots, G7WJE, 9 August 2018 19th September 2018Harry Coots, G7WJE passed on 9 August 2018 away after a long struggle with illness. He had been licensed since 1993 and active on packet radio BBSs and chat systems for many years. He was secretary of the Barking Radio and Electronics Society for 14 years, until its dissolution in 2012. He leaves a daughter […]radcomtecheditor
- Jim Wakenell, G8UGL, 19 August 2018 19th September 2018I have to report very sadly that my dear friend Jim Wakenell, G8UGL passed away on 19 August 2018 at the Severn Hospice in Telford. He died of cancer. I have known Jim for over 40 years, and we went on DXpeditions etc etc together as members of the Telford & DARS. He was also my […]radcomtecheditor