The RSGB plays a significant and important role in representing radio amateurs; frequency spectrum, IARU, EMC, is the only Exam body for gaining your amateur licence.
It represents amateurs with the governing body OFCOM
To become a member: http://www.rsgb.org.uk
As a member you will gain access to a wealth of resources as well as RADCOM, a monthly publication for radio amateurs.
- National Hamfest this week 20th September 2019Next Friday and Saturday it’s the National Hamfest, held at the Newark Showground, Newark NG24 2NY. On Saturday, the 28th, the National Club of the Year finalists will be announced. The competition, which is sponsored by Waters and Stanton, announced the regional finalists at the AGM in April 2019. Other activities to look forward to […]rsgb
- RSGB 2019 Convention latest 20th September 2019The RSGB 2019 Convention takes place in Milton Keynes from 11 to 13 October 2019. It is kindly sponsored by Martin Lynch & Sons. The provisional programme of lectures and workshops is at rsgb.org/convention. The talk Hints and Tips to Get the Most Out of Digital Modes including FT-8 by Gavin Nesbit, M1BXF is aimed […]rsgb
- GB1SOE at Bletchley Park 20th September 2019The weekend of 28 and 29 September 2019 is the 1940s weekend at Bletchley Park. The RSGB National Radio Centre will be open all weekend to Bletchley Park visitors and, supporting the 1940s weekend, they will host the special event station GB1SOE. RSGB Members can gain free access to the Bletchley Park museum by downloading […]rsgb
- Also in GB2RS this week… 20th September 2019Since its inception in 1998 the International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend (ILLW) has been held on the third full weekend in August. Next year, 2020, that weekend is host to the 75th anniversary of the cessation of hostilities in the Pacific region. The organisers of the ILLW event have therefore decided it would be appropriate to […]rsgb
- New RadCom Basics out soon 20th September 2019The next edition of RadCom Basics will be available at the end of September 2019. This edition will look at RSGB awards, in particular for the Foundation licensee; moving up to the Intermediate and Full licences; using digital repeaters; and how and why the HF bands come alive in the autumn. RSGB Members can read […]rsgb